Transport Operations Manager
Rainbow Recruitment Services are recruiting for a Transport Operations Manager, on behalf of their client, a successful and growing third party logistics provider based locally to Worthing (West Sussex).
The ideal candidate will have a hands-on approach to problem solving with strong administration skills, and be well versed in FORS requirements as well as CLOCS, WRRR, Crossrail etc.
As part of the Operations department, you will work closely with the company Directors and Senior Managers.
You will have a strong focus on Health, Safety, Environment and Quality.
Summary of Duties & Responsibilities
• Take overall responsibility for, and be the named person on, the Companies’ O-Licence
• To manage recruitment and selection of drivers in conjunction with the operations department
• Be a focal point for drivers to communicate with regarding loads, vehicles, procedures and legislation
• Completion of disciplinary processes, appraisals etc
• To ensure the Company complies fully with all Ministry of Transport and DVSA legislation and requirements
• Ensure that vehicles and trailers are scheduled for servicing and MOT in a timely manner
• Manage the defect rectification process and ensure they are dealt with in a timely manner
• Track all costs for maintenance, servicing and defects
• Be responsible for all auxiliary vehicle equipment such as camera systems, audible warning alerts etc
• Ensure safe systems of working for drivers
• Investigation and analysis of vehicle accidents, incidents, damage and driving/ vehicle breeches
• Investigate thoroughly and ensure incident forms are completed ASAP and returned to insurers.
• Analyse monthly insurance reports and identify trends
• Monitor and manage individual staff performance and provide coaching and training as well as deal effectively with any performance or disciplinary matters in conjunction with the Operations team
• Tacho downloads / uploads, infringement reporting, driver management in relation to infringements, identifying and advising reasons for infringement and dealing with any non-conformance issues
• Maintain data base of licence expiry, Driver CPC expiry and Digi card expiry etc
• Ensuring all vehicle LoLER inspections are being carried out
• Ensure all systems, procedures and monitoring is in line with and carried out to FORS standards
• Manage the companies fuel card usage, analyse trends and implement processes for fuel reduction
• International CPC Transport Manager
• Knowledge and skills to undertake fleet audits/ safety investigations/ incident and accident investigations
• Significant experience and full knowledge of transport regulations
• Able to work under pressure, to think logically and to solve problems promptly
• The ability to work flexibly and make decisions quickly
• Focused approach and a can-do attitude
• Good communication skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels
• Strong experience of LGVs – Artic, Rigids, etc
• Dealing with many suppliers including vehicle service and maintenance suppliers
• Strong experience of FORS
• Vehicle Engineering/ Mechanical Knowledge
• Experience of managing vehicles and drivers across multiple sites
• A good knowledge in H&S / IOSH
• FORS Practitioner
This is a full-time permanent role, working 45 hours a week between 07:00 - 18:00, Monday to Friday.
Salary: £38,000 - £44,000 (dependent on experience)